There are a lot of stresses in life that come at us on a daily basis from work, school, and daily responsibilities. Every once in a while, people and their families need to be able to escape these things and just have some fun. Taking a family vacation is an important part of having a good quality of life and blowing off some steam. It gives a family a way of creating memories, bonding, and just having a good time.
One of the things that factor into taking a vacation are the budget you are working with. In the difficult world we live in, sometimes we don’t have as big of a budget that we would like to have to go on vacation. One of the best choices for a family vacation is a great family camping trip. There is a plethora of reasons that this is a great idea but plenty of planning that will need to go into it.
Why you should choose to go camping
Although camping may require a lot of planning and pack, there are a wide range of benefits to a family camping trip.
- Camping is a relatively cheap choice that can go easy on your budget. With the traditional vacation, the cost of plane tickets, alone, for a family of four will run you up to $2,000. After that you will need the hotel room, the rental car, and the daily spending money for food, entertainment, and regular supplies. By the time you get home you just spent upwards of $5,000 and camping won’t cost you anywhere near that much.
- Camping will also benefit your health, which are benefits that most people don’t even think of. Being out in the sun will cause your body to naturally produce vitamin D that can benefit your body in a lot of ways. Then there is the exercise that you are going to get with all the swimming, hiking, and boating that you are going to do.
- It gives everyone in the house a chance to unplug from the technology that is so prevalent in our lives. It forces people to talk and bond together and this can create a stronger bond amongst the entire family. It is a plus that you may not be able to access WIFI where you are going camping, so people aren’t even tempted.
- It is also just downright fun. Sleeping under the stars, getting out into nature, hiking, swimming, and boating are fun things to do. It can be a great way for the kids to figure out how to use their imaginations and enjoy the natural world around them.
- The memories you will create with your family will stick with you forever. Watch the kids go fishing, making smores, and learning and experiencing new things in life will be memories that parents and kids will cherish forever. It may make such an impression that it can become a family tradition for years, or generations, to come.
Planning and packing for the trip
This will be a fun trip, but it will come with extensive planning. You will have to be able to transport everything you need, which can be a pretty extensive list. You will need to account for sleeping, cooking, personal hygiene, and clothes. Making a list is going to be the best way to go about making sure that you cover everything.
- You will have to make sure that everyone has a place to sleep and the things they will need to go to sleep. This will require blankets, pillows, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, and warm clothes for sleeping outside. The most important things you will need are tents. Tent shopping may require you to go and get the facts about the tents that are going to best suit your family’s needs.
- You will have to bring all the supplies you are going to need for cooking your three meals a day. From fire making materials (firewood and matches/lighter), or a portable stove, cooking utensils (pots, pans, spatulas, etc.), garbage bags, dishes to eat from and with, and storage containers.
- Naturally, you will need to bring clothes and probably extra clothes. You will need pajamas, swim wear, appropriate weather gear, shoes for multiple situations, extra layers for those cold nights, and regular daily clothes.
- There are other miscellaneous things that you are going to need as well. Cameras, batteries, flashlights, lanterns and lantern fuel, sunscreen, first aid kit, toiletries, and more.
The best part will be all the fun activities that you are going to be able to do in the beautiful outdoor atmosphere. From the great water sports of fishing, swimming, boating, spelunking, tubing, and water balloon fights. There will also be plenty of room for all of the family’s favorite sports like football, bocce, horseshoes, baseball and kickball.
There are a lot of supplies that you will need for this trip but much of it you have right in your own home. You will need to gather everything, check your list, and double check your list. When it comes to a camping trip, instead of spending a lot of money, you are going to be packing and planning to bring the supplies for every part of life. A camping trip will require a lot of stuff, but it will be one of the most fun trips that a family can take together.